||[Sep. 29th, 2005|11:30 pm]
1. Hit shuffle and pick the first twenty-five songs on your playlist.|
2. Write down one or two lines of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line.
3. Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
4. When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line or in some otherway denote that it has been identified.
Instrumentals will be excluded for obvious reasons, as will Songfight/Somesongs/AAD/etc. songs and lyrics in different languages (as well as songs I just can't find the lyrics too...like fuckin Pavement b sides and Phish live albums.) I'm also going to not use an artist more than twice.
I'm so sick of fighting and that effigy you're lighting looks/An awful lot like someone whose name I just can't quite place
2. And you think you feel most everything/And we know that our hearts are just made out of strings to be pulled
3. Scanning life through the picture windows/She finds the slinky vagabond/He coughs as he passes her ford mustang, but/Heaven forbid, she’ll take anything
4. She belongs there left with her liberty/Never known as a non-believer
Papa went to other lands/And he found someone who understands/The ticking, and the western man's need to cry
6. Train your dog to fetch and heel/But don't think twice about how it would feel...
7. This history lesson doesn't make any sense In any less than ten thousand year increments of (common sense)
8. I'm moving through this life and I'm thinking about the next/And hoping when I get there I'll be better dressed
Some may say/I'm wishing my days away, no way
10. And I like cream in my coffee/And I like to sleep late on Sunday
11. Don't know about you/but i am un chien andalusia
First of all, being a vegetarian should never be associated with being a revolutionary or being open-minded, that's a dietary choice.
13. And every stop is neatly planned/For a poet and a one man band
14. Adam and eve/It´s the oldest game in town/Just a one way street/To a faded magazine
15. Plastic tubes and pots and pans/Bits and pieces and/Magic from the hand/We’re makin’...
16. In quiet desperation knuckles/White upon the slippery reins/She bravely waves the boys/Goodbye again
Said I'm gonna by this place and burn it down/I'm gonna put it six feet underground
I've got a boxcar with blankets and bread/In sector 9 where no one goes
And, I'll play the clarinet/Use clamshells for castinets
20. And maybe I'll find me a sailor/A tailor/And maybe together/We'll make mother well
And so I thought I’d let you know/That these things take forever/I especially am slow
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks/That let us bet when you know we should fold
23. I woke up on the wrong side of the floor/Made, made my way through the front door
24. I myself have found/A real rival in myself/I am hoping for /The re-arrival of my health
Oh, what a world this life would be/Forget all your technicolour dreams